The Ramblings of Cfc


28 April 2010

Garden & Flower Show

In March, I went to our local Garden and Flower Show. It is a yearly event, held at the end of March, usually before Easter. It is a time for gardeners to get ideas, buy seeds and bulbs and have a generally nice time. I usually try to go on Friday even though it runs all weekend. Friday is by far the slowest day, so parking is still good and it's not as crowded as on the weekend. The one downside to Friday is that sometimes schools and retirement homes come in large groups.

I usually pack a wheelie cart and bring a snack and a couple of drinks, and spend the day. My ritual is to usually start out in the vendor room, and wander through to see if there's anything that I want to buy later on in the day. There are also free things given away, which is always a good thing. There are free samples of herb/sour cream and oil dips to try and then of course, buy. There are jams and nuts, and this year, there were fudge samples. I tried the Irish Crème. That seemed to be a very popular flavor this year. They had it in fudge, nuts and a dessert dip. There was also wine tasting, but I opted out of that one. I did not see the honey man this year, but with the economy it is hard to tell who is affected by that. I was looking for some ginger honey, and I thought if anyone would have it, he would.


After my one trip through the vendor room, I will then head down to the floor for the floral/landscape displays. This is always fun also, and usually smells really good (unless, of course, you have allergies). There is always a theme – this year's theme was Renaissance. I also noticed that there weren't a lot of actual flowers. There was a lot of greenery, and water displays.

Here are a few photographs. Try and find Bob hidden among the flowers and greenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment