The Ramblings of Cfc


15 April 2010

Tax Day Freebies (or Cheapies)

Sorry that this is so late. I've been dealing with things out of my control, but that is about to change. And speaking of change, this should save you a penny or two, but remember if you're paying for something that you wouldn't ordinarily buy, then you're not saving anything at all.

First, STARBUCKS. If you bring in your own travel mug to a participating (they all have that disclaimer) Starbucks, you will receive a free cup of coffee. I believe that there is no purchase necessary. This goes on all day.

If you're interested in breakfast, McDonald's has a special. Buy an Egg McMuffin and get the second on for a penny. So if you go to Starbucks first and then the McDonald's drive-thru, you've got breakfast for about $2, depending on where you are in the country.

If you're not interested in breakfast, then try lunch. McDonald's has the same deal for the Big Mac - buy one at regular price, get the second one for a penny.

If burgers aren't your thing, you can go to Taco del Mar, but you'll have to download your coupon first for a free taco in their Taxes Suck, Tacos Don't promotion.

Subway restaurants and Chick-Fil-A have promotions in Virginia, but it never hurts to check your own.

Cinnabon's mall locations will give you two free mini-bite cupcakes between 6 and 8pm because Tax Day Bites.

Staples will give you 30 copies for free of tax-related documents.

IHOP has a promotion all month long for a free kids' meal with the purchase of an adult meal between 4 and 10pm.

Hydromassage in the malls has a free massage from Thursday through Saturday. They recommend calling ahead.

Boston Market - if you buy a meal, you get the second one free. This requires a coupon that you download and is good Thursday through Sunday.

Smokey Bones restaurant offers a free appetizer with any purchase.

These were all I found this year, but if you google free tax day food, check out other offers, but check the date on the articles. I kept getting last year's stuff, and read everything. Some require a printed coupon.

I have just found out that I made a mistake on my taxes that I mailed on Tuesday, so now I get to spend tomorrow on the phone with the IRS and try to figure out how to fix it. It will be okay. At least I filed on time. They didn't say you had to file correctly, and I won't owe any money. In fact, I may get back a little more, but at the moment, I'm not sure.

For me, the sad thing is that I don't drink coffee and my husband doesn't eat Big Macs, so we will probably abstain this year.

Sources: Retailer's own websites, http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-tax-free-stuff,0,1117447.story, http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2010-04-15-taxdaypromos15_ST_N.htm,

No comments:

Post a Comment